Below is a list of educational online resources with links that I feel can benefit you in your classroom.
* Educational Games by Teaching Treasures provides games for students aged between 5 and 15. This website has fantastic interactive games that provide a fun way to achieve student outcomes. Activities may be chosen by students, parents or teachers and are designed to provide an interest in maths, english, science, art and general knowledge.
* Bitesize by BBC Learning helps schools students from 6 to 16 with their coursework, homework and test preparation for key Stages 1 to 3. The site provides “bitesized” interactive learning content, including flash activities, video and audio summaries, quizzes, games and mock exams.
* MES English is a very useful website for downloading resources for teachers and for young learners. All the resources are designed to be versatile and suitable in many K-6 classrooms. On this website you can download free flashcards, printable worksheets and handouts to match, phonics worksheets, printable ESL games and printable stickers.
* Behind the News is a high-energy, fun way for upper primary and secondary students to learn about current issues and events in their world. Once on this website teaching resources can be accessed via the teaching tools tab- multiple intelligences, question matrix, how to use BTN in the classroom, interactive games and graphic organisers can be downloaded.
* Top Marks powered by Educational Search Engine is a free search engine that allows teachers to quickly find the best teaching resources, homework help and education websites for use in the classroom. This site also encompasses good teaching resources that work well with interactive white boards that cover a range of subjects and age groups. This website also features great online maths and literacy games which are fun and challenging in their content.
* Skwirk is an exceptional resource for teachers facing competing priorities and demands on their time, as Skwirk’s content is structured in a comprehensible and user-friendly manner. Programs include: school packages, teachers’ package, individual class packages for tailored needs and small school packages.